Balsamic portobello, mozzarella, slow-roasted tomato, lettuce, and a lemony rosemary spread on an artisan whole grain bun
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 to 24 hours for marinating; 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 85 to 95 minutes|Yield: 4 burgers; 1 burger each
Italian Roasted Tomato
- 3 small plum tomatoes, sliced into 4 pieces each
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ Tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemony Rosemary Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
Italian Roasted Portobello Burger
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup lite balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 leaves of green leaf lettuce, trimmed
To Prepare Italian Roasted Tomato:
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss until evenly coated. Then, place in a single line on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 75 to 80 minutes or until slightly dehydrated in appearance but still have some texture. Remove from heat. Set aside until ready to use.
To Prepare Lemony Rosemary Yogurt Spread
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Italian Roasted Portobello Burger:
- Trim the stem from the portobello mushrooms and remove the gills. Place in a bowl with vinaigrette. Toss to coat evenly.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Place marinated mushrooms on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Roast in a preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
NOTE: Do not overcook mushrooms.
- As needed, toast the buns.
- Add 3 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese in each roasted portobello cap. Warm in the oven until cheese melts.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon lemony rosemary spread on the tops and bottoms of the buns.
- On the bottom of the buns, place 2 lettuce leaves.
- Top lettuce with:
-1 roasted mushroom cap
-3 slices roasted tomato
- Place the top of the bun on the sandwich to close. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 36g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 490mg, Fiber: 6g