Herb-rubbed pork tenderloin over white beans braised in a fennel citrus broth with smoked ham
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes plus 10 to 15 minutes to allow cooked pork to rest|Cook time: 35 to 40 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Herb Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ pounds raw pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
Braised White Beans with Fennel
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel, white parts only
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 ounce diced boneless and smoked 96% fat-free low sodium ham
- 3/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock, storebought or homemade
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups low sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
Gremolata Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons panko breads crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Roasted Pork with Braised White Beans
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
To Prepare Herb Roasted Pork Loin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine parsley, thyme, rosemary, and garlic in a bowl.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and lightly coat it with cooking oil spray.
- Spread mustard over tenderloin until evenly coated.
- Roll in herb and garlic mixture to coat evenly.
Note: Discard any leftover herb and garlic mixture.
- Place on parchment-lined sheet pans and roast in a hot oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and roast for another 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
NOTE: Allow 10 to 15 minutes of cooling time before slicing tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal size pieces. Serve warm.
To Prepare Braised White Beans with Fennel
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add fennel and onion. Sauté until lightly golden brown.
- Add ham and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add stock, orange and lemon juice, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add beans, paprika, and salt. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm.
To Prepare Gremolata Panko Bread Crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or spice grinder. Pulse until combined but remains slightly coarse. Use immediately. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Plate Roasted Pork with Braised White Beans
- Place 1 cup of beans into a bowl or onto a serving plate.
- Shingle 3 slices of tenderloin on top of beans.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon of fennel fronds and 1 Tablespoon of gremolata bread crumbs. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 480mg, Fiber: 10g