Cumin-roasted cauliflower & carrot, baby kale, pepitas, grape tomatoes & quinoa with golden turmeric tahini dressing.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 35 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 bowl per serving
Cooked Tricolor Quinoa
- 1/2 cup tricolor quinoa or quinoa of choice
- 1 cup water
Golden Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons honey
Cumin Roasted Cauliflower & Carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ½ cups (14 ounces) cauliflower florets
- 2 ½ cups (10 ounces) sliced carrots
Roasted Fall Vegetable Glow Bowl
- ½ cup golden turmeric tahini dressing
- 2 cups cooked tricolor quinoa or quinoa of choice
- 4 cups baby kale
- 4 cups cumin roasted cauliflower & carrots
- 16 red grape tomatoes, washed & dried
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
To Prepare Cooked Tricolor Quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh colander or strainer under running water for at least 30 seconds.
- Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let the pot stand, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes until the “tails” of the quinoa pop out and the water is entirely absorbed. Keep warm until ready to use. Leftover quinoa can be quickly chilled and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
To Prepare Golden Turmeric Tahini Dressing:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until moderately thick but pourable. The tahini may look like it is seizing up into a solid as you begin to whisk; it will smooth out after a minute or two. If it is too thick, add a small amount of extra water as needed.
To Prepare Cumin Roasted Cauliflower & Carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the oil, spices, and water until well blended. Add the cauliflower and carrots and toss to coat completely.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on parchment-lined baking sheets, making sure not to crowd the vegetables.
- Roast at 450 degrees F convection for 20-25 minutes until well caramelized. Keep warm until ready to use.
To Assemble Roasted Fall Vegetable Glow Bowl:
- For each serving: Place ½ cup of cooked quinoa in one half of a serving bowl.
- Place 1 cup of baby kale in the other half of the bowl.
- Place 1 cup of roasted vegetables in the center of the bowl, covering where the quinoa and kale meet.
- Place 4 tomatoes on the baby kale opposite from the roasted vegetables.
- Sprinkle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of toasted pepitas.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over the bowl or serve in a small cup on the side and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Carbs: 39g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 340mg, Fiber: 9g