Salad greens, roasted chicken, quinoa, cucumber, tomato, carrot, green bean & cilantro with a toasted cumin vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 2 hours for marinating; 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 salad each
Roasted Chicken Breast:
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal size pieces
- 1/4 cup store-bought fat free golden Italian dressing
Toasted Cumin Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons peeled and finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 3 Tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup raw tri-color quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
Roasted Chicken Quinoa Salad:
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 cups mix greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
To Prepare Roasted Chicken Breast:
- NOTE: As needed, butterfly chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking.
In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken and dressing. Toss to coat evenly. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade prior to cooking.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place marinated breasts. Bake in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, cut into thin slices on the bias. Divide into four portions.
To Prepare Toasted Cumin Vinaigrette:
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the cumin seeds until dark brown. Allow to fully cool at room temperature.
- Using a spice grinder, grind cumin seeds to a fine powder.
- In a blender add all the ingredients. Pulse blend until all ingredients are well incorporated and slightly thickened. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Tri-color Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed. Allow to cool prior to using.
To Prepare Roasted Chicken Quinoa Salad:
- Trim and discard ends of each green bean. Blanch green beans. Drain well in cold water. Allow to cool prior to using.
- In a mixing bowl place:
-toasted cumin vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Divide into four portions. Mound 1 serving in the center of each serving plate.
- Place 1 serving of blanched green beans on center of salad.
- Fan 1 serving of sliced chicken in front and center of salad.
- Evenly sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 22g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 200mg, Fiber: 5g