Lentil penne, tomato sauce, roasted vegetables, grilled portobello mushrooms, fresh basil & shaved Parmesan.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Lentil Penne with Spinach
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup red onions, diced into 1/2-pieces
- ½ cup zucchini, diced into 1/2-pieces
- ½ cup red peppers, diced into 1/2-pieces
- ½ cup yellow squash, diced into 1/2-pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 box (8 ounces) lentil penne
- Water for boiling pasta
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 ¾ cup store-bought low sodium pizza sauce or homemade sauce
- ¼ cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Baked Portobello Parmesan
- 4 medium portobello mushroom caps
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup store-bought low sodium pizza sauce or homemade sauce
- 12 basil leaves
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
To Prepare Lentil Penne with Spinach:
- Combine green beans, onions, zucchini, red peppers, squash, parsley, and black pepper. Lightly coat with cooking oil spray. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place in a single layer on a sheet tray. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring water to a boil in a pot. Add pasta and cook according to the manufacturer’s direction. When tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add roasted vegetables, pasta, baby spinach, sauce, basil, and oregano. Toss until evenly coated. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until heat through. Divide into 4 servings. Serve warm.
To Prepare Baked Portobello Parmesan:
- Place mushroom caps in a single layer on a sheet tray. Spray lightly with cooking oil spray and season with black pepper. Roast or grill at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 6 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce over each roasted mushroom cap.
- Top with:
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons shaved Parmesan.
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
To Plate Portobello Parmesan Pasta Bowl:
- When ready to serve, place 1 serving of pasta in the center of a serving bowl.
- Place 1 baked portobello Parmesan cap over the center of the pasta. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 430, Carbs: 65g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 10g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 150mg, Fiber: 10g