Roasted beets, orange slices, arugula, toasted pecans, feta cheese tossed with blueberry pomegranate ginger mint vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 salad each
Simply Roasted Beets:
- 1 pound and 12 ounces fresh red beets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Ginger Mint Blueberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup store-bought blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
Orange, Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad:
- 2 to 3 medium oranges or 2 cups orange segments in pure juice
- ¼ cup pecans
- 12 cups arugula
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
To Prepare Simply Roasted Beets:
- NOTE: Be mindful that beets produce a lot of purple liquid that can stain and dye cutting boards, clothes and hands.
Wash whole beets well.
- Peel and dice into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl combine beets, oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Coat a sheet tray with vegetable oil spray. Place beets and spread evenly in a single layer. Do not overlap.
- Place in preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
NOTE: May need to turn pan halfway through roasting to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool before using in salad.
To Prepare Ginger Mint Blueberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients together and blend well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Orange, Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad:
- Cut both ends off of the oranges by standing the oranges on a cutting board. With a paring knife, trim off the peel and white pith from the oranges, removing as little of the orange flesh as possible. Working over a bowl, cut the segments free of the membrane, letting the segments drop into the bowl. After all the segments are cut, squeeze all the juice out of the membranes into the bowl. Cover, and refrigerate the segments in juice until ready to use.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch to avoid scorching. Allow to cool before using.
- In a mixing bowl place:
-ginger mint blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Divide into four portions. Mound 1 serving in the center of each serving plate.
- Evenly sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon toasted pecans and 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 35g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: less than 5mg, Sodium: 440mg, Fiber: 6g