Corn tortillas with egg whites, potatoes, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and red beans drizzled with creamy avocado sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 22 to 31 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 2 tacos each
Mexican Breakfast Potatoes:
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 large russet or baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
Cafe Roasted Mushrooms:
- 1 ¼ teaspoons low sodium vegetable base
- 1 ¼ teaspoons canola oil
- 12 ounces mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
Savory Mushroom Hash Tacos:
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites or 10 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (6-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into quarters lengthwise
To Prepare Mexican Breakfast Potatoes:
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Toss to coat evenly. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Coat a sheet tray with cooking spray. Place the seasoned potatoes in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Remove from the oven.
NOTE: Turn the tray once halfway through the cooking process to promote even cooking.
- Add cilantro and toss until well combined. Serve hot.
To Prepare Cafe Roasted Mushrooms:
- Combine the low sodium vegetable base with the oil.
- Add mushrooms. Toss to coat well. Transfer to a sheet tray.
- Roast in a preheated 425-degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Serve hot.
To Prepare Avocado Dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Savory Mushroom Hash Tacos:
- Mix salt and pepper in with egg whites.
- Preheat a sauté pan. Coat with cooking spray.
- Pour egg whites into the pan. Using a spatula, stir and turn eggs, mixing the set egg until they are just set. Remove from heat.
- Warm the beans until heated through.
- Combine the egg whites, potatoes, and mushrooms until evenly distributed.
- Heat tortillas until warm and pliable.
- Evenly top each tortilla with 1/2 cup egg mixture.
- Top each taco with:
- 1 Tablespoon sliced cherry tomato
- 1 Tablespoon red kidney beans.
- Drizzle each taco with 1 Tablespoon avocado sauce.
- Plate two tacos. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 290, Carbs: 43g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 370mg, Fiber: 7g