Fresh mozzarella, spring mix, roasted eggplant and roasted yellow and red peppers with a basil lemon yogurt spread
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 38 to 40 minutes|Cook time: 10 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Basil Lemon Yogurt Spread:
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon True Lemon juice mix crystals
- ¾ teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
Roasted Balsamic Eggplant & Peppers:
- 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/16 teaspoon honey
- 1/16 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into ½-inch pieces, then cut into quarters
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin ½-inch strips
- ½ large red bell pepper, cut into thin ½-inch strips
- ½ large red onion, sliced into ½-inch rings
Fresh Mozzarella & Red Pepper Rollup:
- 2 large oven fired thin flatbread (5 1/3 ounces each), cut in half
- 2 cup spring lettuce mix
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced into 8 pieces
To Prepare Basil Lemon Yogurt Spread:
- Place ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Prepare Roasted Balsamic Eggplant & Peppers:
- In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, water, honey and salt. Mix until well-blended.
- Add vegetables to vinaigrette. Toss to evenly coat. Hold for 30 minutes. If excess liquid accumulates, drain and discard before cooking.
- Arrange marinated vegetables in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan. Roast in a preheated 475 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat and allow to cool completed before using. Divide into four equal portions.
NOTE: Stir once during cooking to promote even cooking and browning.
To Prepare Fresh Mozzarella & Red Pepper Rollup:
- Lay flatbreads on a clean work surface. Spread 3 Tablespoons basil lemon yogurt spread evenly across each piece of flatbread.
- Place 1/2 cup spring mix in center of the flatbread.
- Place 1 portion of roasted vegetables on top of spring mix
- Top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Fold flatbread over filling from right side. Fold under and roll. Slice in half on the diagonal and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 15g Fat: 12g, Sat. fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 600mg, Fiber: 3g