Mesquite chickpea & vegetable patty on a whole grain bun with onions and spicy ketchup; with grapes & lemon potato wedges
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 45 to 55 minutes|Yield: 4 plates; 1 sandwich, ¼ cup grapes, and 5 ounces potato wedges
Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges:
- 1 pound 12 ounces baking potato, cut each potato into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
Mesquite Chickpea & Veggie Burger Patty
- 1 ¼ oz (1/3 cup) shredded carrots
- 1 ¼ oz (1/4 cup) yellow onion, diced small
- 1 ¼ oz (1/4 cup) celery, diced small
- 11 ½ oz (2 cups) low sodium canned chickpeas/ garbanzo beans, drained with liquid RESERVED & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon reserved chickpea liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- ½ teaspoon mesquite barbecue seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons chickpea or gram flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
Mesquite Chickpea & Veggie Burger Plate
- 4 Mesquite Chickpea & Veggie Burger patties
- ¼ cup Sriracha ketchup
- 20 oz Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 100% whole grain hamburger buns
- 2 oz (approximately ½ cup or 4 large leaves) iceberg lettuce
- 4 1/4” slices heirloom tomatoes
- 1 oz thinly sliced red onion, approximately 8 very thin rings
- 8 oz (approximately 2 cups) red seedless grapes, washed and dried
To Prepare Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges:
- Blanch wedges in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked 3/4th of the way. Cool quickly.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Lightly toss potatoes with Italian blend seasoning.
- Coat a sheet tray with cooking spray. Spread potatoes in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Toss cooked wedges with lemon zest and chopped parsley. Divided into four servings. Serve warm.
To Prepare Mesquite Chickpea & Veggie Burger Patty:
- Note: When draining the beans, make sure to reserve some of the liquid because it is used in the recipe.
Bring a small pot or kettle of water to a boil. Add carrots, onion, and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes until just soft. Shock in an ice bath. Drain thoroughly.
- Pulse chickpeas in a food processor until slightly chunky.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties, approximately 3 oz each. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook for up to 2 days. Prepared patties can also be frozen for future use.
To Prepare Sriracha Ketchup:
- In a small bowl, whisk or stir ketchup and Sriracha sauce until well mixed. Cover and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days until ready to use.
To Prepare Mesquite Chickpea & Veggie Burger Plate
- Heat oil on a griddle or in a non-stick pan. Place chickpea patties on the heated griddle or pan. Sear for 3 minutes or until brown. Turn, and cook for another 3 minutes or until browned and heated through to 140 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 oz lettuce on heel of bun.
- Top with:
-1 tomato slice
-1/4 oz thinly sliced onions
-1 cooked chickpea patty
-1 Tbsp sriracha ketchup.
- Place crown of bun on sandwich to close.
- Serve immediately with 5 oz oven wedges and 1/4 cup of grapes
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 480, Carbs: 92g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 610mg, Fiber: 11g