Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 1 wrap, ½ cup vegetables, 1 ounce tzatziki sauce
- 1½ pounds Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables (recipe below)
- 6 tablespoons tzatziki sauce (recipe below)
- 6 tortillas 8-inch 55% whole-grain flour tortilla
- 6 ounces cucumbers, fresh, peeled, seeded, julienne
- 6 ounces plum tomatoes, fresh, diced ¼ʺ
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare tzatziki sauce according to recipe below.
- Prepare Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables according to recipe below. Cool under refrigeration.
- Spray tortilla with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Place tortilla on a panini press or griddle.
- Place ½ cup roasted vegetable mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Top with 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes and ¼ cup cucumbers.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce over vegetables.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon feta cheese over tzatziki sauce.
- Start rolling from one side and tuck in the bottom ½ inch. Keep rolling to form an open-ended cone.
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1⅓ cups eggplant, sliced ½ʺ, cut into quarters
- ½ cup yellow peppers, fresh, julienne ½ʺ
- ½ cup red peppers, fresh, julienne ½ʺ
- ¼ cup red onions, fresh, sliced ½ʺ
- ⅛ cup lite olive oil balsamic vinaigrette
- Arrange eggplant, yellow peppers, red peppers and onions in single layers on sheet pans. Brush with vinaigrette. Hold for 30 minutes. If excess liquid accumulates, drain and discard before cooking.
- Preheat standard oven to 475 degrees F. Place marinated, drained vegetables in single layer on lightly oil (not listed) or parchment lined oven-safe pan.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly caramelized (lightly browned). Stir once during cooking to promote even cooking.
NOTE: Remember the cooking process will continue as vegetables cool. Handle vegetables carefully during cooking so they do not break up or tear.
- Cool under refrigeration.
- 2 tablespoons cucumbers, fresh, peeled, seeded, grated
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, fresh
- ¾ tablespoon chopped garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
- Peel, seed and grate cucumbers. (Avoid over-grating and making a puree.)
- Stir in salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir in dill, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, mint, cumin and yogurt. Mix well. Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 210, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 420mg, Fiber: 4g