Mediterranean Veggie Wrap
Serving: 1 wrap, ½ cup vegetables, 1 ounce tzatziki sauce
- 1½ pounds Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables (recipe below)
- 6 tablespoons tzatziki sauce (recipe below)
- 6 tortillas 8-inch 55% whole-grain flour tortilla
- 6 ounces cucumbers, fresh, peeled, seeded, julienne
- 6 ounces plum tomatoes, fresh, diced ¼ʺ
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Prepare tzatziki sauce according to recipe below.
Prepare Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables according to recipe below. Cool under refrigeration.
Spray tortilla with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Place tortilla on a panini press or griddle.
Place ½ cup roasted vegetable mixture in the center of the tortilla.
Top with 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes and ¼ cup cucumbers.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce over vegetables.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon feta cheese over tzatziki sauce.
Start rolling from one side and tuck in the bottom ½ inch. Keep rolling to form an open-ended cone.
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1⅓ cups eggplant, sliced ½ʺ, cut into quarters
- ½ cup yellow peppers, fresh, julienne ½ʺ
- ½ cup red peppers, fresh, julienne ½ʺ
- ¼ cup red onions, fresh, sliced ½ʺ
- ⅛ cup lite olive oil balsamic vinaigrette
Arrange eggplant, yellow peppers, red peppers and onions in single layers on sheet pans. Brush with vinaigrette. Hold for 30 minutes. If excess liquid accumulates, drain and discard before cooking.
Preheat standard oven to 475 degrees F. Place marinated, drained vegetables in single layer on lightly oil (not listed) or parchment lined oven-safe pan.
Place in oven and cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly caramelized (lightly browned). Stir once during cooking to promote even cooking.
NOTE: Remember the cooking process will continue as vegetables cool. Handle vegetables carefully during cooking so they do not break up or tear.
Cool under refrigeration.
- 2 tablespoons cucumbers, fresh, peeled, seeded, grated
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, fresh
- ¾ tablespoon chopped garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
Peel, seed and grate cucumbers. (Avoid over-grating and making a puree.)
Stir in salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well.
Stir in dill, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, mint, cumin and yogurt. Mix well. Hold refrigerated until ready to use.