Follow Our Recipe
- 11 oz. red peppers, fresh, diced ½"
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pasteurized fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons dill weed, fresh
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, fresh
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 oz. pearl barley, raw
- 2 cups water
- 3 oz. jumbo Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 3 oz. red onions, fresh, halved lengthwise, sliced ¼"
- 12 oz. cannellini beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. baby spinach, fresh
- 3 oz. golden raisins
- 6 oz. orange sections, fresh
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Coat peppers with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Place on baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and charred. Cool quickly, diced ½" and hold cold for use.
- Whisk vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, dill, basil and sugar together until well-combined. Hold refrigerated for use.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Spread barley on pan, and place in a preheated 375°F oven for 5 minutes, or until barley starts to toast.
- Place water and toasted barley in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bloomed and tender.
- Remove from heat, and cover barley. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to absorb remaining liquid. Cool quickly and hold cold for use within 48 hours.
- As needed, combine ½ cup cooled barley, 2 tablespoons peppers, 8 halves olives, ½ oz. onions, ¼ cup beans, 3 cups spinach, 1 tablespoon raisins, 2 tablespoons orange segments and 2 tablespoons salad dressing. Toss until evenly coated. Plate immediately.
- Top with 1 tablespoon feta. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 67g, Protein: 13g Fat: 7g, Sat. fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 330mg, Fiber: 12g