Arugula, pears, apples, red quinoa, carrots, roasted asparagus and manchego cheese with citrus mint balsamic vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Cooked Red Quinoa:
- ¾ cup raw red quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
Citrus Mint White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 ¼ teaspoons lime juice
- 2 ¼ teaspoons orange juice
- ¼ cup and 3 Tablespoons Marie's White Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 ¼ teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
Manchego, Pear & Apple Salad:
- 12 ounces trimmed fresh asparagus
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 large anjou pear, cored and diced
- 1 large red delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 12 Tablespoons shaved manchego cheese
To Prepare Cooked Red Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed. Allow to cool.
To Prepare Citrus Mint White Balsam Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients together in a stainless-steel bowl. Whisk until well combined. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Manchego, Pear & Apple Salad:
- Place asparagus spears in a single layer on a sheet pan. Spray with cooking oil spray. Roast in a preheated 325-degree Fahrenheit convection (375-degree Fahrenheit standard) oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until asparagus is soft and tender.
- In a bowl, add baby spinach, baby arugula, pears, apples, carrots, quinoa and citrus mint white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Evenly divide among 4 bowls or serving plates, making sure all the ingredients are displayed evenly.
- Evenly top salad with roasted asparagus.
- Place 3 Tablespoons shaved manchego over center of each salad. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 360, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 14g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 510mg, Fiber: 9g