Hearty grain tortilla with balsamic chicken, charred pineapple, mozzarella, tomato, honey BBQ sauce and cilantro
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 4 to 24 hours for marinating; 10 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 2 tacos each
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons store-bought original BBQ
Balsamic Garlic Chicken Breast
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast
Huli Huli Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 8 (6-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
To Prepare Honey BBQ Sauce
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Balsamic Garlic Chicken Breast
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and oil. Whisk until well-blended for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place the marinated chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow cooling for 10 to 15 minutes before dicing into ½-inch pieces. Use immediately. Or, cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Huli Huli Chicken Tacos
- Coat a hot grill or grill pan with cooking oil spray. Place pineapple planks and grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until heated through and grill marks appear. Remove from heat. Allow cooling. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat tortillas until warm and pliable.
- Evenly top each tortilla with about 2 Tablespoons of diced chicken and drizzle with 1/2 Tablespoon of honey BBQ sauce.
- Top each taco with:
- 2 Tablespoons diced grilled pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 Tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 1/2 tsp sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
- Plate two tacos. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 47g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 420mg, Fiber: 4g