Oven fired flatbread layered with honey BBQ sauce, chicken, pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, parmesan & mozzarella cheeses
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 23 to 28 minutes|Yield: 4 pizzettas; 1 each
Honey BBQ Sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Roasted Chicken Breast:
- 10 to 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizzetta:
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/3 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
To Prepare Honey BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Roasted Chicken Breast:
- Trim all the fat off chicken. Butterfly the chicken breasts to flatten to even thickness.
- Season chicken with pepper. Coat with oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken on a sheet tray in a single layer. Roast for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken over. Roast for 7 to 8 minute or until cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Dice into ½-inch pieces. Divide into four portions.
To Prepare Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizzetta:
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Evenly spread 1 ½ Tablespoons BBQ sauce to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- In order, evenly top with:
-1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
-1 serving of chicken
-1/3 cup diced pineapple
-3 Tablespoons diced tomatoes
-1 Tablespoon sliced green onions
-1 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Evenly top cooked pizzetta with 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro.
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 410, Carbs: 58g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 570mg, Fiber: 8g