Harvest chicken salad with walnuts, dried cherries, granny smith apples, carrots, baby spinach & beet greens on a whole grain flour tortilla
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 wrap each
Harvest Chicken Salad:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup diced granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- 2 ½ Tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Harvest Chicken Salad Wrap:
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 (10-inch) whole grain flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/3 cups baby beet greens
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips or shredded
To Prepare Harvest Chicken Salad:
- Steam, poach or roast chicken breasts until fully cooked. Allow to cool slightly.
- Dice chicken into ½-inch cubes.
- In a stainless-steel mixing bowl, combine chicken, apples, dried cherries, green onions, walnuts, parsley, mayonnaise, and pepper. Gently mix and fold ingredients together, being careful not to break up chicken. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Harvest Chicken Salad Wrap:
- Combine orange marmalade and mustard. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- As needed, warm tortilla in a microwave or on a sauté pan over heat to soften.
- Place tortilla on a flat work surface. Spread 1 Tablespoon marmalade mixture over entire tortilla
- In center of each tortilla, place the following ingredients in order:
-1/3 cup baby spinach
-1/3 cup baby beet greens
-¼ cup carrots
-1/2 cup chicken salad.
- Roll burrito style and cut in half on the diagonal.
- Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and hold in a refrigerator for 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 460, Carbs: 58g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 16g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 530mg, Fiber: 6g