Whole grain dough, chile chicken, roasted chickpeas and citrus cauliflower with a spicy Middle Eastern-style yogurt sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 32 to 45 minutes|Yield: 8 servings; 1 slice each
- 2 cups store-bought no added salt spaghetti sauce or no added salt tomato sauce
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons harissa spice blend
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Harissa Chicken Breast
- 1 ¼ teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons harissa spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange or lemon juice
Harissa Chicken Pizza
- 1-16-inch whole grain thin pizza crust
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
To Prepare Harissa Sauce:
- Place the sauce and harissa spice blend in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a bubbling simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, frequently stirring, until consistency of ketchup. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Skhug Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, cilantro, parsley, cumin, coriander, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and yogurt.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in olive oil until the consistency becomes loose and pourable. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- Evenly place chickpeas onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly before using.
To Prepare Harissa Chicken Breast:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine oil, harissa spice, and salt to form a rub.
- Rub chicken breasts with spice rub until fully coated.
- Place on a sheet tray and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before dicing.
To Prepare Charred Cauliflower:
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine oil, cumin, and turmeric to make a paste.
- Rub each cauliflower floret with seasoning paste.
- Grill until charred.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with juice. Allow to cool slightly before using
NOTE: To save time, cauliflower can be roasted instead of grilled. Place seasoned cauliflower on a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until charred.
To Prepare Harissa Chicken Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or heat recommended by the manufacturer's directions.
- Evenly spread 1 cup pizza sauce to ¼-inch from the edge of each crust.
- Cover pizza sauce with charred cauliflower to ½-inch from the edge of crust.
- In order, evenly top with:
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 6 ounces diced harissa chicken
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons part-skim mozzarella.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in the center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1/2 cup skhug sauce.
- Cut into 8 even slices. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 330, Carbs: 39g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 430mg, Fiber: 6g