Toasted baguette with smashed avocado, low sodium ham, sliced hard cooked eggs, greek yogurt pesto & tomato
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 25 minutes|Yield: 8 toasts; 2 toasts per serving
Garlic Parmesan Yogurt Spread:
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Ham, Egg & Avocado on Toast:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) multigrain baguette
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 4 ounces shaved low fat, smoked deli ham
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced crosswise, then halved
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
To Prepare Garlic Parmesan Yogurt Spread:
- Rub peeled garlic with canola oil and season with kosher salt.
- Roast in a 300-degree Fahrenheit oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 15 to 25 minutes.
NOTE: Pan size and cooking times will vary depending on the amount of garlic that is being roasted. Be careful to not burn garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Ham, Egg & Avocado on Toast:
- Place eggs in cold water in pot. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Drain and place eggs in cold water. Peel. Slice each egg crosswise. Then, cut in slice in half.
- As needed, slice baguette into 8 long slices on the bias. Place on sheet pans. Toast in a preheated 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly golden. Or, place in a toaster oven until lightly golden.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon garlic parmesan yogurt over each slice of bread.
- Evenly top with 1 Tablespoon mashed avocado, ½-ounce shaved ham, 2 half slices tomato and 3 half slices egg.
- Sprinkle each toast with one pinch of freshly cracked black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley.
- Place 2 toasts on a service plate. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 37g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 10g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 690mg, Fiber: 4g