Warm multigrain tacos, roasted garlic hummus, romaine, Greek chicken, tomatoes, cucumber & feta with Greek yogurt sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 7 to 8 minutes|Yield: 4 servings (2 tacos each)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Non Fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/8 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 8- 6” whole grain flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers with skin
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
To Make Greek Rub:
- In a bowl, combine minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper, True Lemon crystals and dried oregano leaves. Set aside.
To Make Greek Chicken:
- Evenly coat chicken with Greek rub, making sure that all parts of chicken are well seasoned.
- Place seasoned chicken on hot grill. Grill for 1 minute, turn 90 degrees, and cook for another minute. Flip, and repeat to evenly mark.
- Transfer marked chicken to sheet pan lined with parchment paper. NOTE: If grill is not available, sear chicken in pan before finishing in oven.
- Spray with oil spray. Finish cooking in a preheated 350 degree F. convection oven (400 degree F. standard oven) for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Slice into approximately 1/2” slices before building tacos.
To Make Yogurt Sauce:
- In a mixing bowl, add non fat plain Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, extra virgin olive oil, water, minced garlic, ground black pepper and True lemon crystals. Mix until well-blended. Set aside in refrigerator for use.
To Make Greek Chicken Tacos:
- Heat tortilla until warm and soft.
- Lay tortilla on a clean and flat surface. Spread 1 Tablespoon hummus over each tortilla.
- Divide chicken in 8 portions. Place 1 portion in center of each tortilla.
- Top chicken with:
1/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
1 Tablespoon diced cucumber
1 Tablespoon diced tomato.
- Evenly drizzle tacos with yogurt sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle tacos with crumbled feta cheese.
- Fold over to close. Serve 2 tacos. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 390, Carbs: 38g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Sodium: 470mg, Fiber: 5g