Chicken on a whole grain roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles & Carolina Gold BBQ sauce served with wedges & grapes
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 40 to 50 minutes|Yield: 4 plates; 1 sandwich, 1/4 cup grapes, and 3 ounces potato wedges
Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges
- 1 pound 2 ounces baking potato, cut each potato into 8 wedges
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Carolina Gold BBQ Chicken Sandwich Plate
- 6 ounces raw boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 6 ounces raw boneless and skinless chicken thigh
- 1 ½ teaspoon Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce
- 4 whole-grain bun (2 ounces), toasted
- 12 dill pickle chips, drained
- 4 green lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of red onions
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
To Prepare Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges
- Blanch wedges in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked 3/4th of the way. Cool quickly.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Lightly toss potatoes with Italian blend seasoning.
- Coat a sheet tray with cooking spray. Spread potatoes in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Toss cooked wedges with lemon zest and chopped parsley. Divided into four servings. Serve warm.
To Prepare Carolina Gold BBQ Chicken Sandwich Plate
- Coat chicken with cooking oil spray. Evenly rub with BBQ seasoning. Place seasoned chicken on a hot grill or sauté pan. Cook until well-marked on both sides. Transfer to a 6-inch deep oven-proof pan. Pour in the stock and cover with foil. Braise in a preheated 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked. Remove from heat and cool slightly until you can handle the chicken with gloved hands.
- Once cooled, remove the chicken from braising liquid and reserve.
- Hand-pull the chicken and place it into a pan. Combine BBQ sauce with braising liquid (3/4 of braising liquid for each 1 cup of BBQ sauce) and add to pulled chicken. Stir to coat evenly with sauce. Bring to a simmer until heated through and the sauce is reduced. Remove from heat, and serve warm.
- In order, place the following ingredients on the heel of a toasted bun:
- 3 pickle chips
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice of tomato
- 1 slice of onion
- 1/2 cup Carolina shredded chicken
- Place the crown of the roll on the sandwich to close. Enjoy immediately with 1/4 cup of grapes and 1 portion of potato wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 410, Carbs: 65g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 660mg, Fiber: 7g