Tender Green Salad with Strawberries, Cucumber and Basil
Tender greens topped with strawberries, cucumber, basil, and toasted pistachio
Prep Time: 3 to 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head butter, Boston or bib lettuce, leaves torn (about 5 cups, lightly packed)
- 6 large or 12 small strawberries, quartered if large, halved if small
- 1/4 English cucumber, sliced thinly into half moons
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 large or 8 medium fresh basil leaves, torn
Whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle with about half of the dressing and toss to coat. Toss half dressing with lettuce.
Divide the lettuce among 4 small salad plates. Arrange the strawberries and cucumber slices on top, then drizzle with remaining dressing. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon pistachios and some basil.
NOTE: Pairs well with a 3 oz grilled chicken breast and grilled pita to make an entrée.