Crispy Brussels sprouts & roasted Yukon gold potatoes topped with scrambled egg whites, smoky bacon & tangy sauerkraut
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
Creamy Scrambled Egg Whites
- 1 cup egg whites (about 8 egg whites)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
Egg & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Hash Bowl
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced Yukon gold or potatoes of choice
- 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock, store-bought or homemade
- 2 Tablespoons diced onions
- 1 Tablespoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of sliced green onions
To Prepare Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Toss Brussels sprouts with oil and pepper. Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Roast in preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and toss with sherry vinegar. Serve hot.
To Prepare Creamy Scrambled Egg Whites
- In a mixing bowl, place egg whites and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Coat a sauté pan with cooking spray. Place over low heat. Add egg whites. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
- Fold in yogurt with a rubber spatula until evenly mixed and creamy.
To Prepare Egg & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Hash Bowl
- Preheat a large, heavy pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook to render fat. Remove bacon from the pan. Reserve bacon.
- Add potatoes and stock to the greased pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Drain excess liquid.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Add roasted brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until onions are browned.
- In another pan, warm sauerkraut until heated through.
- As needed, place the following in a serving bowl:
- 1 cup Brussels hash mixture
- 1/4 cup creamy scrambled egg whites
- 1/4 cup hot sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon cooked, diced bacon.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 180, Carbs: 27g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 4g, Sat. Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: <5mg, Sodium: 460mg, Fiber: 6g