Roast pork, turkey, swiss cheese, sunrise blend mixed with mustard, cabbage and yogurt wrapped in a flour tortilla
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 hours to overnight|Cook time: 50 to 60 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Sunrise Blend Rice Salad:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Sunrise blend rice with quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup diced green cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
Cuban Mojo Pork:
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 ¾ teaspoons orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons diced yellow onions
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/16 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ¾ teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ¼ ounces raw boneless Canadian back pork loin
Cubano Power Wrap:
- 4 (10") whole grain flour tortilla
- 4 (1/2 ounce) slices low sodium Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced all-natural reduced sodium deli turkey breast
To Prepare Sunrise Blend Rice Salad:
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in Sunrise blend with quinoa flakes. Cover and remove from heat. Let rest covered for 20 minutes before using.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl. Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.
To Prepare Cuban Mojo Pork:
- Combine lime juice, orange juice, onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt, cilantro and oil. Mix until well-blended. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. Stir well before using.
- Pour marinade over pork, turning to evenly coat. Cover, and hold overnight in refrigerator to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Place marinated pork on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 325-degree Fahrenheit oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
To Prepare Cubano Power Wrap:
- Heat 1 tortilla in a sauté pan or in a microwave until soft and pliable. Place on clean work surface.
- Place 1/3 cup salad in center of tortilla. Spread out in a rectangular form, leaving at least 1” space on all sides.
- In order, top salad with:
-1 (1/2 oz) slice low fat, low sodium Swiss cheese
-2 to 3 slices thinly sliced reduced sodium turkey breast
-2 thin slices Cuban mojo pork.
- Tuck in left and right sides of tortilla over filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down.
NOTE: Sandwiches can be prepared up to 2 hours prior to meal. Wrap tightly and hold refrigerated, if preparing ahead of time.
- When ready to serve, place 1 sandwich in a hot sauté pan or on a hot panini press. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Slice in half on the diagonal.
- Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 22g Fat: 13g, Sat. fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 670 mg, Fiber: 5g