Healthy grain tortilla with minted cracked wheat, chickpeas, feta cheese, hummus and crisp leaf lettuce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 chopped tomato
- 3 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons olive oil
Cracked Wheat & Chickpea Wrap
- 4 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup store-bought classic hummus
- 1 cup low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 green leaf lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
To Prepare Tabouleh Salad:
- Cook bulgur wheat in water according to manufacturer's directions. Cool before using.
- Combine cold bulgur, tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Divide into four portions.
To Prepare Cracked Wheat & Chickpea Wrap:
- Place a tortilla on a flat work surface. Spread 2 Tablespoons hummus over the entire tortilla to help seal the wrap when rolling.
- Place 1 portion (4-ounces) tabouleh salad over the hummus.
- In order, top hummus with:
-1/4 cup chickpeas
-3 leaves green leaf lettuce
-1 ½ teaspoons crumbled feta cheese.
- Tightly wrap tortilla and filling burrito-style finishing with seam side down. Fold ends of tortilla over. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 480, Carbs: 72g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 590mg, Fiber: 11g