Espresso, cacao peppermint syrup and steamed fat free milk topped with cold foam
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 3 to 5 minutes|Cook time: 2 to 5 minutes|
Chocolate Peppermint Syrup:
- 3 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 to 3 drops peppermint extract
Cold Foam Peppermint Mocha:
- 7/8 cup fat free milk, divided
- 2 shots hot espresso or 1/4 cup strongly brewed hot coffee
To Make Chocolate Peppermint Syrup:
- Whisk cacao powder, warm water, maple syrup and peppermint extract until well blended. Set aside for use.
To Make Cold Foam:
- Place 2 Tablespoons skim milk in a blender. Turn on and process for 15 to 30 seconds or until foamy.
NOTE: If not using a blender, place fat free milk in a tall, narrow container. Place hand blender or mixer with whisk attachment or milk frother. Process until foamy.
NOTE: You might need to make more cold foam than needed for the recipe depending on the method used to make cold foam.
To Make Cold Foam Peppermint Mocha:
- Warm 3/4 cup fat free milk.
- Place 1/4 cup chocolate peppermint syrup in bottom of latte or coffee cup.
- Add 2 shots of espresso. Stir to combine.
- Add warm milk. Stir well.
- Top with cold foam. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 190, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 11g Fat: 2.5g, Sat. fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: less than 5 mg, Sodium: 115mg, Fiber: 5g