Chilled buckwheat noodles, asparagus, edamame, fiery chiles, garlic, ginger, sweet bell peppers, cilantro & sesame seeds
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Garlic Chili Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon seeded and finely chopped Fresno Chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chili Garlic Soba Noodle Bowl
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups edamame, shelled and thawed
- 1 cup seeded and thinly sliced red peppers
- 1 ½ teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi Spice Blend or Japanese 7-spice seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
To Prepare Garlic Chili Stir Fry Sauce
- Add water, brown sugar, unseasoned rice wine vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, ginger, garlic, peppers, and cornstarch to a saucepan. Whisk until well combined.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before using.
To Prepare Chili Garlic Soba Noodle Bowl
- Cook noodles according to the manufacturer's directions. Rinse, strain, and allow to cool.
- Separately blanch asparagus, edamame, and red peppers in boiling water for 20 to 30 seconds. Shock in an ice-water bath. Drain well.
- Add cooked soba noodles, blanched asparagus, edamame, red peppers, low sodium soy sauce, garlic chili stir-fry sauce, green onions, and sesame oil in a bowl. Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Divide into four servings.
- As needed, plate 1 portion into a bowl. Evenly top with:
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon togarashi spice blend
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: Place leftover salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 400, Carbs: 58g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 440mg, Fiber: 6g