Chicken & radishes with a ginger carrot coulis spread on a baguette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 1 hour for marinating; 10 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 sandwich each
Marinated Bok Choy
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups shredded or thinly sliced bok choy
Ginger Carrot Coulis
- 1/3 cup peeled and finely chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoon peeled, seeded, and finely chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
Chicken & Ginger Carrot Coulis Baguette
- 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (3 ounces) baguettes or 1 (12 ounces) artisan baguette, cut into four equal size pieces
- 1/2 of a radish (sliced thin)
To Prepare Marinated Bok Choy
- In a saucepan, combine the water, rice wine vinegar, and sugar.
- Heat until the mixture is warm and the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the bok choy into a glass container or stainless steel bowl. Pour the warm liquid.
- Carefully mix to ensure that the bok choy is well-coated with the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
To Prepare Ginger Carrot Coulis
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Chicken & Ginger Carrot Coulis Baguette
- Trim all the fat off the chicken and butterfly to flatten to even thickness. To do this, start on the thicker side of the chicken. Hold a knife parallel to the cutting surface. Slice the chicken almost entirely in half, stopping at about ¼-inch from the other side. Open the chicken like a book. Pat dry to make chicken evenly thick.
- Brush the chicken with oil and season with pepper on both sides.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place the seasoned chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow cooling for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing into ¼-inch pieces. Use immediately. Or, cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Divide into four portions.
- Split 1 baguette or 1 piece of baguette in half, leaving one side hinged. Spread 2 teaspoons of the ginger carrot coulis on both the top and bottom of the baguette.
- In order, top the bottom of the baguette with:
-1 serving of sliced chicken
-1/2 cup marinated bok choy
-2 Tablespoons sliced radish.
- Place the top of the baguette on the sandwich to close. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Protein: 20g, Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 680mg, Fiber: 4g