An Italian twist on a grilled chicken sandwich with the flavors of a traditional tomato, basil and garlic bruschetta topping.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 4 Servings
- 4 4-ounce chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 multi-grain sandwich flats
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Garlic Dijon Mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup plum tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Ziploc bag, place the chicken breasts together with the Balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, Canola oil, oregano and thyme and seal. Shake the bag to thoroughly mix the ingredients. Place in the refrigerator for one to two hours to allow for chicken to marinate. Set aside.
- Garlic Dijon Mustard: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the garlic cloves in the Canola oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, let it cool to handle and chop. Toss the roasted garlic with the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard and set aside.
- Bruschetta Topping: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the Ziploc bag and place on a preheated grill and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on one side and then flip over to the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through. Cool quickly. Slice each breast into ½-inch slices.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread some of the garlic Dijon mustard on a sandwich flatbread, then place the sliced chicken breast on the bread and top with some of the bruschetta topping. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Close the sandwich and slice in two.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 297 , Carbs: 2 g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 10g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 57 mg, Sodium: 368 mg, Fiber: 6g