Chipotle chicken, mozzarella cheese & black beans with cilantro-chili yogurt
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 22 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 quesadilla and 2 Tablespoons yogurt each
Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ Tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 Tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon corn
Cilantro Chili Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons thinly sliced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
Chicken & Black Bean Quesadilla:
- 4 (8-inch) whole grain flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned low sodium black beans
To Prepare Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- In a bowl, combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper for marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken in a shallow dish. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat pan or grill. Place marinated chicken on a clean and well-oiled pan or grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well-marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray. Bake in a preheated 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before dicing chicken.
To Prepare Salsa Cruda:
- NOTE: Use gloves to seed peppers. Pepper juice can burn eyes. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after seeding peppers.
Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Cilantro Chili Yogurt:
- In a stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Chicken & Black Bean Quesadilla & Yogurt:
- Cover surface of tortilla with 2 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
- On one half of the tortilla, layer 2 Tablespoons black beans, 2 Tablespoons salsa cruda and 1/3 cup diced chicken.
- Fold top half of tortilla to close quesadilla. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place one quesadilla in skillet, cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Cut into thirds.
- Place on a service plate. Enjoy immediately with 2 Tablespoons cilantro chili yogurt!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 400mg, Fiber: 5g