Chicken, lettuce, avocado, red onion, mango salsa, salsa roja, feta & cilantro in a healthy grain tortilla
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 8 minutes|Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 2 tacos
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup canned no added salt crushed tomatoes
- 2 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ Tablespoons diced yellow onion
- ¾ teaspoon seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/16 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
Mango Cilantro Salsa:
- 1 ¼ teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup diced fresh mango
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 ¾ teaspoons diced red onion
Grilled Chicken Breast:
- 12 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breast, raw
- 2 ½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken, Avocado and Mango Taco:
- 8 (6") whole grain flour tortilla
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ medium avocado, remove seed and cut into thin slices
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ fresh lime, sliced into 4 wedges
To Prepare Salsa Roja:
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix until well-combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Mango Cilantro Salsa:
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Toss until well combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Grilled Chicken:
- Place chicken breast on cutting board and butterfly cut horizontally, taking care not to cut all the way through. Open chicken breast and lay flat. Cover with plastic wrap and lightly pound so the chicken is uniform thickness.
- Lightly coat chicken with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat sauté pan or grill pan on medium high heat.
- Place chicken. Grill chicken until marked on both sides. Remove from heat, and place on a sheet pan. Finish cooking in a preheated 325-degree Fahrenheit oven until cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Dice into ½ inch pieces.
To Prepare Chicken, Avocado and Mango Taco:
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in a skillet until warm and pliable.
- In order, top each tortilla:
-1/4 cup lettuce
-1 1/2 avocado slices
-1 tsp red onion
-1 1/4 oz diced chicken
-1 Tbsp mango salsa
-1 Tbsp salsa roja.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp feta cheese and 1 tsp chopped cilantro.
- Plate two tortillas and 1 lime wedge on the side. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 330, Carbs: 37g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 650mg, Fiber: 5g