Freshly baked roll layered with bulgogi style jackfruit, mozzarella, kimchi cabbage slaw, green onion and toasted sesame seeds
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 3 hours and 8 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 2 ½ Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 12 ounces naked jackfruit
Bulgogi Jackfruit Panini:
- 4 (3-ounce) parbaked rolls
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- ¾ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons store-bought kimchi
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 Teaspoon sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
To Prepare Bulgogi Jackfruit:
- In a blender or food processor, combine soy sauce, water, shallots, brown sugar, garlic powder, mirin, fish sauce, ginger and scallions. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth
- Transfer sauce to bowl. Allow to sit to allow air bubbles to set.
- Add jackfruit. Toss to evenly coat. Cover a place in refrigerator for 3 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to use.
- Preheat a well-oiled sauté pan on high heat.
- Place jackfruit. Grill for 1 ½ minutes on each side or until seared and marks are present and jackfruit is tender. Use warm.
To Prepare Bulgogi Jackfruit Panini:
- Bake rolls according to directions on the package. Split each bun in half to create a top and a bottom bun.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
NOTE: Or bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch to avoid scorching.
- Pre-heat a grill pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- To build each panini, top bottom half of roll as follows:
-3 Tablespoons cheese
-1/2 cup jackfruit mixture
-1 ½ teaspoons kimchi
-1 teaspoons sliced green onions
-1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
-1 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
- Spread 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise on outside of each slice of roll. Place sandwich on hot grill pan or sauté pan.
- Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 to 1 ½ minute or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and slice each sandwich in half on the diagonal. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 62g, Protein: 12g Fat: 9g, Sat. fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 690mg, Fiber: 3g