Whole wheat flatbread layered with red hot sauce, roasted chickpeas, mozzarella, carrots, celery and a drizzle of ranch.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 24 to 27 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 pizzetta each
Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 cup canned low-sodium garbanzo, rinsed and drained
Buffalo Chickpea Pizzetta:
- 2 Tablespoons matchstick or shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons diced celery
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons red hot cayenne pepper sauce
- ½ cup and 2 Tablespoons part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons store-bought light ranch dressing
To Prepare Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- Evenly place the chickpeas onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure not to overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 375-degree Fahrenheit standard oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy. Remove them from heat and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Prepare Buffalo Chickpea Pizzetta:
- Blanch carrots and celery in boiling water or a steamer for 30 seconds. Shock in an ice bath and drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly spread 2 teaspoons of red hot sauce to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- In order, evenly top with:
-2 Tablespoons roasted chickpeas
-2 1/2 Tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
-1/4 teaspoon celery seeds.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in the center; concentrate on spreading them towards the outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Evenly top the cooked pizzetta with:
-½ Tablespoon carrots
-½ Tablespoon celery.
-1 teaspoon chopped parsley.
- Drizzle each pizzetta with 2 teaspoons of light ranch dressing.
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 250, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 680mg, Fiber: 4g