Whole wheat flatbread layered with red hot sauce, roasted chickpeas, mozzarella, carrots, celery and a drizzle of ranch
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 24 to 27 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 cup canned low-sodium garbanzo, rinsed and drained
Buffalo Chickpea Pizzetta:
- 2 Tablespoons matchstick or shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons sliced celery
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons red hot cayenne pepper sauce
- ½ cup and 2 Tablespoons part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons light ranch dressing
To Prepare Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- Evenly place chickpeas onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 325-degree Fahrenheit convection (375-degree Fahrenheit standard) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Prepare Buffalo Chickpea Pizzetta:
- Blanch carrots and celery in boiling water (not listed) or steamer for 30 seconds. Shock in ice bath and drain well.
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Evenly spread 2 teaspoons red hot sauce to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- In order, evenly top with:
-2 Tablespoons roasted chickpeas
-2 1/2 Tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella
-1/4 teaspoon celery seeds.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Evenly top cooked pizzetta with:
-½ Tablespoon carrots
-½ Tablespoon celery
-1 teaspoon chopped parsley.
- Drizzle each pizzetta with 2 teaspoon light ranch dressing.
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 48 g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 670mg, Fiber: 9g