Healthy grain tortilla with roasted vegetables, Brazilian-style quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, and chimichurri sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 19 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon peeled and shredded or chopped carrots
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup tri-color quinoa or quinoa of choice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/3 medium eggplant, sliced into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup store-bought lite balsamic vinaigrette
Brazilian Vegetable & Quinoa Wrap
- 4 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned low sodium black beans
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 8 slices
To Prepare Chimichurri Sauce
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients. Process on medium speed until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Brazilian-style Quinoa
- Heat a saucepan or braising pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold running water. Add quinoa. Stir constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
- Gently fold tomato into quinoa. Allow to cool before using.
To Prepare Roasted Vegetables
- Combine eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion, and vinaigrette. Toss until evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pan in the oven. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly browned.
NOTE: Remember, the cooking process will continue as vegetables cool. Handle vegetables carefully during cooking, so they do not break up or tear. Allow to cool slightly before using. Divide into 4 portions.
To Prepare Brazilian Vegetable & Quinoa Wrap
- Warm a tortilla in a microwave or on a sauté pan over medium-high heat to soften.
- In a bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons chimichurri sauce and 1/3 cup quinoa until evenly coated.
- Place chimichurri quinoa mixture on the bottom third of each tortilla.
- In order, top quinoa with:
- ¼ cup black beans
- 1 serving of roasted vegetables
- 2 slices of tomatoes.
- Tuck in the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 59g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 10g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 590mg, Fiber: 8g