Chicken breast cooked in a flavorful Brazilian-style marinade paired with rice and roasted vegetables and topped off with a chimichurri sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 1 Brazilian chicken breast, 4 oz Brazilian rice, 4 oz roasted vegetables and 1 oz ladle chimichurri sauce over chicken.
Brazilian Chicken Breast
- 1½ cups orange juice
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2¼ tsp. fresh minced garlic
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped fine
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- ¾ tsp. jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced 1/8"
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime rind
- 6 chicken breasts (4 oz each), boneless, skinless, raw
- Combine all ingredients except chicken for marinade. Mix until well-blended.
- Pour marinade over chicken. Hold refrigerated for 4 hours to marinate.
- Drain and discard any excess marinade.
- Arrange chicken on oven-safe pan.
- Bake in a 400°F standard oven for 10 to 15 minutes and minimum internal temperature is 165°F (for 15 seconds). Cool quickly.
- 1-5/8 tsp. canola olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onions, ¼"
- 1 cup white rice, converted
- 2-1/3 cups hot water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plum tomatoes, chopped, fine
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add rice. Stir constantly. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is fully absorbed.
- Gently fold tomato into rice. Transfer to serving bowl.
- 2 cups fresh eggplant, julienne
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, julienne
- 2 cups fresh red peppers, julienne
- 2 cups fresh red onions, julienne
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Sprinkle eggplant liberally with salt (not listed). Arrange eggplant in a single layer on parchment lined sheet pan. Let stand for 45 minutes. Rinse well and squeeze dry.
- Combine eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion and vinaigrette. Toss until evenly coated. Arrange in single layer on lightly oiled (not listed) parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Preheat standard oven to 400°F.
- Place pan in oven. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly caramelized (lightly browned) and minimum internal temperature is 140°F. Turn or stir vegetables only if needed to avoid even cooking.
- Handle vegetables carefully during cooking so they do not break up or tear.
- Serve hot.
- 3 Tbsp. ultimate chicken stock (recipe follows)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley, coarse
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro, coarse
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped carrots, coarse
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped yellow onions, coarse
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped red peppers, coarse
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped garlic, coarse
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2¼ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. fresh chopped oregano, coarse
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper, dry
- 3/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process on medium speed until smooth.
- Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Low-sodium chicken base
- In a pot, heat water to a simmer.
- Whisk in base until fully combined.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and minimum internal temperature is 140°F (for 15 seconds).
- Hold hot (140°F or above) for use.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 334, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 1.4g, Sodium: 550mg, Fiber: 3g