Two Non-GMO tortilla with spicy beef mushroom filling, lettuce, tomato, avocado crema & served with rice and mango salsa
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Mango Cilantro Salsa:
- 2 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ¾ cup peeled, seeded and diced fresh mango
- 1 ¼ teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ¼ teaspoons seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced red onions
Lime Avocado Crema:
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons peeled, seeded and diced fresh avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lime juice mix crystals
Beef Taco Meat:
- 12 ounces ground beef (85/15)
- 5 to 6 cremini mushrooms
- 1 ½ Tablespoons salt free Mexican seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons red hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 cup raw basmati rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
Beef Taco with Avocado Crema Plate:
- 8 (6") whole grain flour tortilla
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
To Mango Cilantro Salsa:
- In a bowl, add all ingredients. Toss until well combined. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Lime Avocado Crema:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
NOTE: If needed, add water (not listed) 1 tsp at a time until texture is like crème fraiche.
To Prepare Beef Taco Meat:
- Place cremini mushrooms in a food processor. Pulse until finely minced. Texture should resemble ground nuts.
- In a bowl, combine minced mushrooms and ground beef until well blended.
- Coat a sauté pan with cooking oil spray (not listed).
- Add beef mushroom blend. Cook, breaking up into smaller pieces, until moisture is evaporated, and meat is no longer pink.
- Add seasoning and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until flavors are blended and meat is cooked through.
To Prepare Basmati Rice:
- Combine rice, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
To Plate Beef Taco with Avocado Crema Plate:
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in a skillet until warm and pliable.
- In order, top each tortilla:
-3 Tablespoons beef mushroom taco mixture
-2 Tbsp diced tomato
-1/4 cup shredded lettuce.
- Drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons lime avocado crema.
- Plate two tortillas, 1/4 cup mango cilantro salsa and 3/4 cup rice. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 570, Carbs: 81g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 20g, Sat. Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 350mg, Fiber: 6g