Barbeque old bay Cod wrapped in turkey bacon served with turkey bacon mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach with caramelized onions
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min|Cook time: 17 min|Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup sautéed spinach and onions
- 2 cups turkey bacon mashed potatoes
- 16 barbequed cod fillets (4 ounce each)
Sauteed Spinach and Onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, julienne
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Turkey Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup cooked turkey bacon, diced
- 2 cups red bliss potatoes, diced 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons 1% buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh green onions, sliced 1/8 inch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 loins cod (4 ounces each)
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Cattlemen’s original barbeque sauce
- Sauteed Spinach and Onions: In a sauté pan, heat over medium high heat. Add onions. Saute until caramelized. Add spinach. Season with pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Stir until spinach just wilts.
- Turkey Bacon Mashed Potatoes: Add potatoes to boiling water and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Place hot potatoes in a mixer bowl. Using a whip attachment, mix until potatoes are slightly mashed. Add milk, sour cream, green onions, turkey bacon, salt and pepper. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Barbequed Cod: Cut each loin into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each piece of fish with 1/2 slice bacon. Place seam side down on sheet pan. Brush each bundle with 1/4 teaspoon barbeque sauce. Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- For Service: Place 1/4 cup spinach in center front of plate. Place 1/2 cup potatoes onto center top of plate. Place 4 pieces of fish over spinach leaning onto potatoes.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 25g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 700mg, Fiber: 5g