BBQ Cod, Turkey Bacon, Mashed Potato and Spinach
Barbeque old bay Cod wrapped in turkey bacon served with turkey bacon mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach with caramelized onions
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 17 min
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup sautéed spinach and onions
- 2 cups turkey bacon mashed potatoes
- 16 barbequed cod fillets (4 ounce each)
Sauteed Spinach and Onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, julienne
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Turkey Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup cooked turkey bacon, diced
- 2 cups red bliss potatoes, diced 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons 1% buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh green onions, sliced 1/8 inch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 loins cod (4 ounces each)
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Cattlemen’s original barbeque sauce
Sauteed Spinach and Onions: In a sauté pan, heat over medium high heat. Add onions. Saute until caramelized. Add spinach. Season with pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Stir until spinach just wilts.
Turkey Bacon Mashed Potatoes: Add potatoes to boiling water and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Place hot potatoes in a mixer bowl. Using a whip attachment, mix until potatoes are slightly mashed. Add milk, sour cream, green onions, turkey bacon, salt and pepper. Mix until creamy and smooth.
Barbequed Cod: Cut each loin into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each piece of fish with 1/2 slice bacon. Place seam side down on sheet pan. Brush each bundle with 1/4 teaspoon barbeque sauce. Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.
For Service: Place 1/4 cup spinach in center front of plate. Place 1/2 cup potatoes onto center top of plate. Place 4 pieces of fish over spinach leaning onto potatoes.