Fingerling and sweet potato salad with whole grain mustard, baby spinach, feta, and grilled balsamic chicken
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes (plus 4 to 24 hours for marinating)|Cook time: 18 to 25 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Balsamic Chicken Breast
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- One pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 ½ Tablespoons canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
Balsamic Chicken & Warm Potato Salad
- 3 cups fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock, store-bought or homemade
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
To Prepare Balsamic Chicken Breast
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil. Whisk until well-blended for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place the marinated chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until well-marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow cooling for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing on the bias. Divide into four servings. Serve warm.
To Prepare Balsamic Chicken & Warm Potato Salad
- Boil fingerling potatoes and sweet potatoes separately until fork tender. Remove, drain and start to cool slightly.
- In another pot, bring chicken stock, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and red onion to a boil.
- Combine boiled potatoes and spinach. Pour the chicken stock mustard mixture over the top. Toss to coat evenly. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Gently combine until evenly coated.
- Place 1 ½ cups potato salad in a serving bowl to serve. Top with:
- 1 portion of sliced chicken
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 440mg, Fiber: 4g