Cauliflower, hot sauce, cabbage, carrot, avocado, yogurt crema, jalapeno & cilantro in a healthy grain tortilla
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes| Serving Size: 2 tacos
Lemon Garlic Crema:
- 2 ½ Tablespoons cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon True lemon juice mix crystals
- 1/16 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/16 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 ½ pounds fresh cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 ¼ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons red hot cayenne pepper sauce
Baja-Style Veggie Taco:
- 8 (6") whole grain flour tortilla
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 medium avocado, remove seed and cut into thin slices
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon seeded and sliced fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ fresh lime, sliced into 4 wedges
To Prepare Lemon Garlic Crema:
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, lemon crystals, garlic, salt and pepper until well-blended.
- Using a hand blender or in a blender, add water to mixture. Process until smooth and silky. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Roast Cauliflower:
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets, oil, salt and pepper.
- Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Place seasoned florets in a single layer, making sure to not overlap.
- Roast in a pre-heated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until caramelized. Remove from heat. Toss with hot sauce. Set aside.
- NOTE: May need to turn pan 180 degrees halfway through cooking to promote even roasting.
To Prepare Baja-Style Veggie Taco:
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in a skillet until warm and pliable.
- In order, top each tortilla:
-1 ½ ounces roasted cauliflower
-1/4 cup shredded cabbage
-2 Tablespoons shredded carrots
-2 avocado slices.
- Drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons lemon garlic crema.
- Sprinkle with 3 jalapeno slices and 1 tsp chopped cilantro.
- Plate two tortillas and 1 lime wedge on the side. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 280, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 6g Fat: 11g, Sat. fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 660mg, Fiber: 8g