Broiled Mahi Mahi with a quinoa and cabbage slaw served in a toasted corn tortilla topped with pickled onions
Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 8 tacos Serving Size: 4
- 3/4 pounds Mahi Mahi fillets, cut into strips, about 3” long x ½” thick
- 3/4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/4 avocado, sliced thinly
Quinoa Cabbage Slaw
- 1 tablespoon low-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-calorie sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
Pickled Red Onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup red onions, julienned
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Habanero peppers, minced
- Brush fish strips with olive oil and then dip into Old Bay seasoning, turning to coat. Refrigerate for about an hour to allow flavors to penetrate the fish. Place on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile make the Quinoa Cabbage Slaw by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chipotle peppers and cilantro in a medium-sized bowl and mix. Add the cooked quinoa and cabbage and mix well. Place in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- To make the Pickled Red Onions, combine the lime juice, onions, salt, oregano, vinegar and peppers in a small bowl and allow to marinate for at least a half hour before serving.
- Preheat the broiler, and heat the baking sheet of fish strips for about 3 minutes, flip and heat for another 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat and gently heat the tortillas on one side for about 3 minutes and flip over and toast for another two minutes, until pliable. Wrap each tortilla in aluminum foil to hold the heat and continue to skillet toast the remaining tortillas.
- To assemble each, place a slice of fish on the tortilla and top with some quinoa slaw and pickled onions. Top with a slice of avocado.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 327, Carbs: 36g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 295mg, Fiber: 5g