Whole grain pizza dough topped with pizza sauce, bacon, arugula, and Roma tomatoes with mozzarella cheese.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 18 to 20 minutes|Yield: 8 servings; 1 slice each
- 1 cup no added salt diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 pinch of dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small basil leaf, thinly sliced, or 1 pinch of dried basil leaves
- One pinch of ground black pepper
- One pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Smoked Bacon, Arugula & Tomato Pizza
- 1-16-inch whole grain thin pizza crust
- 3 ounces raw bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces fresh heirloom tomatoes, sliced into ¼-inch rings
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula, washed & dried
To Prepare Pizza Sauce
- In a blender or food processor, pulse tomatoes lightly to crush. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Smoked Bacon, Arugula & Tomato Pizza
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain fat.
- Combine oil and lemon juice for dressing.
- Evenly spread 1 cup pizza sauce to the edge of the crust.
- Place cooked bacon, sliced heirloom tomatoes, and 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese evenly over the crust up to a ½-inch from the edge.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in the center; concentrate on spreading them towards the outside edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for at least 8 to 9 minutes until desired level of doneness. Remove from oven and cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then slice into 8 slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine arugula and dressing until evenly coated. Top each slice with ¼ cup salad. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 250, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 290mg, Fiber: 4g