A bowl of shiitake, cauliflower & brown rice topped with grilled miso salmon, tender edamame, mango, & fresh avocado
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Asian-Style Salmon Rice Bowl
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about one medium cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 7 ounces (about two packs) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 ½ cup peeled, seeded, and diced fresh mango
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 pound wild salmon, cut into four equal size pieces
To Prepare Asian-Style Salmon Rice Bowl:
- In a pot, add stock and rice. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Then, fluff with a fork.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until rice-like texture.
Note: If a food processor is unavailable, grate cauliflower into rice-sized pieces using a boxed grater.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add in 1/4 cup green onions and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add riced cauliflower, mushrooms, and soy sauce. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add to rice and toss. Remove from heat to serve warm.
- Combine edamame, avocado, mango, and lime juice for salad in a mixing bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine miso, water, and honey. Brush salmon on both sides. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook salmon for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly charred and fully cooked. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- When ready to serve, place 1 cup of rice mixture in the center of a serving plate or bowl.
- Place 3/4 cup edamame salad over rice, overlapping on each side.
- Place 1 salmon fillet over the center of the rice. Evenly top with 1 Tablespoon sliced scallions. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 500, Carbs: 67g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 470mg, Fiber: 9g