Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 40 to 42 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup black rice
- 4 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 cups bok choy, thinly sliced on bias
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 ½ Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups pasteurized egg substitute
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 8 (6") whole grain flour tortilla
- 8 teaspoons orange sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
To Make Asian Tacos:
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Stir in black rice. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 40 minutes or until rice is tender and all water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine ginger, garlic, shiitake, cremini, bok choy and sriracha sauce until evenly coated and distributed.
- Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Place mushroom mixture. Sauté for 60 to 90 seconds or until bok choy is tender. Add hot rice. Combine until evenly distributed.
- While vegetables are sautéing, heat another sauté pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Place egg substitutes and green onions. Using a wide spatula, push egg mixture to center until eggs are just set, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in a skillet until warm and pliable.
- For each taco, drizzle 1 tsp orange sauce in center of tortilla.
- Spread one heaping ¼ cup warm rice mixture over each tortilla.
- Top rice with 1/4 cup scrambled eggs.
- Drizzle each taco with 1/4 tsp chili oil.
- Plate 2 tacos. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 420, Carbs: 52g, Protein: 17g Fat: 16g, Sat. fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 660mg, Fiber: 5g