Baby arugula, apple, toasted pecan and parmesan cheese tossed with a maple lemon vinaigrette and served with toasted naan
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 6 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 6 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 salad each
Maple Lemon Salad Dressing:
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ⅛ teaspoons Dijon mustard
Apple, Parmesan & Arugula Salad:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (4-inch) naan bread
- 2 medium gala apples
- 12 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese.
To Prepare Maple Lemon Salad Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients. Whisk until well-blended. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Roasted Chicken Quinoa Salad:
- Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Remove from skillet. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Place naans on a sheet tray. Toast in a preheated 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Or, place naans in a toaster or toaster oven until lightly golden.
- Peel and core apple. Then, slice in half. Place cut side down, and slice crosswise, creating half-moon pieces. Use immediately. Or, toss in a small amount of lemon juice to prevent browning. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl place:
-sliced red onions
-grated Parmesan cheese
-maple lemon dressing.
- Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Divide into four portions. Mound 1 serving in the center of each serving plate.
- Cut 1 toasted naan bread into four pieces. Place onto serving plate. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 60g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 540mg, Fiber: 7g