Wheat berry toast topped with warm apple slices, turkey, brie sauce and green onions
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 18 minutes|
Brie Cream Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup and 2 Tablespoons fat free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- ¾ teaspoon chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 ¾ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-ounce Brie cheese
Grilled Granny Smith Apple Slices:
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon canola oil
Warm Apple & Brie Toast with Turkey:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 slices (1/2-inch-thick) wheat berry bread or whole grain bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced reduced sodium oven roasted turkey
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onions
To Prepare Brie Cream Sauce:
- Make white wash by pouring water into a bowl and slowly whisking in flour until incorporated. There should be no lumps.
- Slowly heat milk over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in white wash mixture until bechamel is thickened.
- Season with salt. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft and brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add mustard, brie and bechamel sauce. Mix until smooth and heated through.
To Prepare Grilled Granny Smith Apple Slices:
- Combine sliced apples, lemon juice and oil in a bowl. Mix until evenly coated.
- Place apple slices on a hot grill or grill pan. Grill for 3 minutes on each side or until soft. Divide into 4 equal portions.
To Prepare Warm Apple & Brie Toast with Turkey:
- Spread oil on both sides of bread. Place on hot grill or grill pan. Toast until well-marked and golden brown on both sides.
- As needed, cut each slice of bread into 4 equal triangles.
- Shingle 1 toast (4 triangles) in center of service plate.
- In order, top with:
-1 portion warm grilled apple slices.
-1/4 cup brie cream sauce
-1 ounce thinly sliced turkey, shingled
-1 teaspoon green onions.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 12g Fat: 9g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 500mg, Fiber: 3g