Have a healthy and happy holiday season!
Here’s how to prevent over-eating and over-spending: Make a fitness budget.
Here’s how to prevent over-eating and over-spending:
Make a fitness budget.
- Set your weight goals for the season – “hold the line” is a great one.
- Don’t overeat now and deprive yourself after January 1.
- Take your dog for a walking tour of your neighborhood decorations.
Avoid the Black Friday hangover!
- A little preparation makes Black Friday a lot less stressful. Scope out the bargains in advance so you know what you’re looking for.
- Beware of impulse buying. Be selective, and purchase only what your friends and family really need.
- Shop like an athlete. Make sure you’re well-rested, and wearing your shopping uniform – comfortable shoes and layered clothing. You can keep your energy up and avoid the food court when you eat a generous breakfast and pack healthy snacks like natural almonds, an apple, mozzarella sticks or Babybel cheese.
- Stay hydrated. It’s easy to shop all day and forget to drink water. Bring a refillable water bottle with you
Buy yourself some presents too.
- Non-food rewards will help your motivation, like a soft, fuzzy hat and/or new gloves for your morning walk, new sneakers or resistance bands, or even ice skates!