Yogurt mashed potatoes with harissa-spiced chicken, cauliflower and crispy chickpeas finished with skhug yogurt drizzle
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1/3 cup canned low-sodium garbanzo, rinsed and drained
- 1 peeled fresh garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/16 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon chopped dried red Thai chile pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ¾ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Harissa Chicken Breast:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons harissa spice blend
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless and skinless raw chicken breast
Whipped Yogurt Potato:
- 12 ounces peeled and diced potato
- Water to boil potatoes
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-pound fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
Harissa Chicken Potato Bowl:
- ¼ cup sliced store-bought roasted sweet red peppers, drained
To Prepare Dry Roasted Chickpeas:
- Evenly place chickpeas onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 325-degree Fahrenheit convection (375-degree Fahrenheit standard) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Prepare Skhug Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, cilantro, parsley, cumin, coriander, chiles, salt and yogurt. Process until well combined.
- With food processor or blender running, drizzle in olive oil until consistency becomes loose and pourable. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Harissa Chicken Breast:
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a bowl, combine oil, harissa spice and salt to form a rub.
- Rub each chicken breast with spice rub until fully coated.
- Bake chicken for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and dice into bite-size pieces. Serve hot.
To Prepare Whipped Yogurt Potato:
- Boil or steam potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely tender. Place hot potatoes in mixer bowl. Using a whip attachment, mix on low speed until potatoes are mashed.
- Gradually add yogurt and margarine while mixing on low speed. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, then on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Serve while hot.
NOTE: Scraping down the bowl 2 or 3 times will prevent lumps.
NOTE: A hand mixer can be used in place of a stand mixer to whip the potatoes.
To Prepare Charred Cauliflower:
- Preheat grill or grill-pan to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine oil, cumin and turmeric to make a paste.
- Rub each cauliflower floret with seasoning paste.
- Grill until charred. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with juice. Serve hot.
To Plate Harissa Chicken Potato Bowl:
- In a serving bowl, place 1/2 cup mashed potatoes.
- In order top with:
-2/3 cup charred cauliflower
-1/2 cup diced chicken
-1 Tablespoon roasted sweet peppers
-1 Tablespoon roasted chickpeas
-2 teaspoons skhug sauce.
- Enjoy while hot!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 600mg, Fiber: 5g