Harissa spiced aubergine with lentils and herbs, topped with yoghurt, pomegranate and nigella seeds.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes|Cook time: 30 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 140g of dal lentils
- 2 aubergines halved length ways andscored
- 12g of harissa paste
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 30ml of pomegranate molasses
- 30ml of olive oil
- 12ml of balsamic vinegar
- Small handful of flat parsley
- Small handful of coriander
- Small handful of mint
- 80g of pomegranate seeds
- Pinch of nigella seeds
- 200g of soya dairy free yoghurt
- Place the cut aubergine side up on a tray.
- Mix together the harissa paste, garlic, pomegranate molasses, oil, lemon juice and zest. Then spoon the mix over the aubergines.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160°c until the aubergines are soft.
- While the aubergines are cooking, cook the lentils in water then drain and cool.
- When the lentils are cool, add them to a bowl with the herbs and balsamic vinegar then lightly combine.
- Top each half of aubergine with a portion of the lentils.
- Spoon over the yoghurt and sprinkle with the pomegranate and nigella seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 304, Carbs: 41.6g, Protein: 13.8g, Fat: 9.5g, Sat. Fat: 1.4g, Fiber: 11.3g