Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes|Cook time: 50 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 4 fresh mackerel fillets (70-80g each)
- 90g puy lentils
- 160g of fresh beetroot
- 160g rocket
- 4 medium oranges
- 6g pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 8g chives
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 16g low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Cook the lentils in water until just cooked, drain and refresh.
- Wash and peel the beetroot leaving on the tops. Cut the beetroot into wedges and mix with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season. Then roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C until just cooked, then remove and allow to cool.
- Place the mackerel on a lined tray and cook under the grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking and cooking for another 5 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. Flake the flesh.
- Peel and segment the oranges, keeping any excess juice.
- For the dressings; zest and juice lemons, wash and shred chives. In a bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients and any reserved orange juice
- Add the lentils, rocket, orange segments, chives, roasted beetroot and mackerel to the dressing.
- Top with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 334, Carbs: 29.4g, Protein: 19.8g, Fat: 14.8g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Fiber: 6.5g