Spicy lentil and quinoa salad with chickpeas and Moroccan houmous.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes|Cook time: 10 minutes| Serving Size: 4
- 120g of tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small lemon cut into wedges with the pips removed
- 40g of dry Puy lentils, cooked, refreshed and drained
- 40g of dry quinoa, cooked, refreshed and drained
- 100g of houmous
- 1 teaspoon of harissa paste
- Large pinch of fresh basil washed and chopped
- 100g of fresh tomatoes cut into 1-2cm dice
- 40ml of tomato sauce
- Large handful of fresh coriander washed and chopped
- Pinch of paprika
- Mix together the lentils and quinoa.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and the harissa paste then mix.
- Mix the chickpeas with the houmous.
- To serve spoon a portion of the lentil and quinoa onto a plate.
- Top with a portion of the houmous and chickpea mix.
- Finish with a sprinkle of paprika, coriander and the lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 195, Carbs: 20.3g, Protein: 8.3g, Fat: 7.6g, Sat. Fat: 0.8g, Fiber: 5.6g